Pages

Saturday 4 April 2015

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream Review

Whenever I enter a beauty/cosmetic shop, I start drooling over all the shiny polished products stocked in the shop. I get this uncontrollable urge that even when I do not need to buy anything, , I just end up buying more and more. Crazy, right? I know but I can’t help it. I feel suicidal if I came out of a cosmetic store without buying anything (yes I am a bit dramatic and now you are asking me “A BIT”? okay okay, I am VERY dramatic). Let me tell you that I have a bunch of foundations and bb creams and yet I keep buying more and more. So I decided this month that I won’t waste my money on things which I don’t need at all but then again, I was so wrong and I ended up buying Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream.

Claims: 

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream claims that it is an instant skin perfection cream. It is 8 in 1 beauty balm. It blurs imperfections, brighten, evens skin tone, smoothes, hydrates, enhances, protects with SPF 30 and 0% oils and heavy ingredients.

My thoughts: 

 I got this BB cream in light shade which is a perfect match for my skin. It is made in France and comes in a 30ml tube.



I love its cute packaging and it’s also very handy to carry in your bag. I like the fact that it is neither very thin that it becomes difficult to manage nor very thick. It has the perfect smooth texture and it blends very effortlessly. Now the question is does it brighten up my complexion? Yes it does and that too, in a very natural way (BTW I hate artificial cakey looks) I like how it illuminates my face without being cakey and heavy. In fact it has a very light weight formula. It has a very pleasant fragrance unlike garnier which smells medicinal.

Now does it conceals my post acne marks? Yes it does, but only to an extent. I have very minimal post acne marks and they are easily concealed by this bb cream but those of you with bad scarring and redness might not find it very useful as it gives a light coverage.

Reasons for liking it:

  • Easy on pocket
  • Easily available
  • Illuminates skin
  • Does not clog pores as its very light and so no breakouts.

Reasons for not liking it:

  • Does not conceal scarring perfectly.
  • Light coverage (if you are a fan of medium to full coverage, this product is not for you)

Price and Availability:

I don't remember exactly but it was around Rs. 550 I guess and I bought it from Roop Singhar, Lahore.

Rating: 

I would rate it 4/5

Would I buy it again?

Yes I will do as I am a fan of sheer coverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment