Pages

Monday 6 April 2015

Medora in Gypsy Rose Review

I was never a fan of red lippie. Even on my BIG DAY, I opted for a copper shade lipstick. I was afraid of trying a bold look by applying red colour but now I have overcome this fear and now I am totally in love with good red colour lipsticks. I did not want to waste my money by buying a high end brand lippie and then repenting over it as I had no idea if red would even suit me or not so i decided to dig in our local market and got a decent red colour in one of the oldest and renowned brands, Medora.

Claims:

Medora is a local brand and it has a huge range of lipsticks to choose from. This particular shade is called GYPSY ROSE and its number is 222. It is from their matte range.



My thoughts:

The medora lipstick I got is Gypsy rose. Its a beautiful deep red colour. When I applied it for the first time, I got huge compliments from everyone as the red colour suited me well. It is very pigmented and it has good staying power. The downfall of this lippie is that it is not moisturising, in fact, if applied alone, it makes my lips dry. So I always make sure to apply lip balm before applying this lipstick.


Its smell and taste is a little too much for me but I tend to ignore it and after a while, either the taste and smell disappears or you get kinda used to it so it doesn't bother you much.


Swatch:


Reasons for liking it:

  • Good pigmentation
  • A wide range of colours to choose from
  • Very economical
  • Easily available
  • Good staying power

Reasons for not liking it: 

  • The smell and taste is too much for you
  • If you don't use lip balm underneath it, it makes your lips dry

Price and Availability:

I got it for Rs. 110 from Victoria Departmental Store, Lahore.

Rating:

I would rate it 3.5/5

Would I buy it again?

Yes because I really like this particular shade of Red.

2 comments:

  1. This is indeed a gorgeous shade of red! I, however, avoid Medora due to high lead content which can be toxic and discolours lips too.

    Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jadirah, I have heard about the lead thing so I don't use it regularly, only occasionally. =)

      Delete