Pages

Tuesday 14 April 2015

My Skin Care Routine

I am not one of those lucky girls who keep flaunting their beautiful, hydrated skin all the time. I have always struggled through skin issues. I suffered from acne in my teenage which luckily got cured on their own but acne hit me again after few years and this time, they were here to stay. I tried all the over the counter products but to no avail. I had to consult a dermatologist. After the treatment, my acne got under control but now I had to struggle with the nasty scars that acne left behind. I got quite many laser sessions to treat the acne scars and fortunately I saw 90 percent improvement.
Now I am very careful about my skin as I have sensitive skin and I can't use all the creams available in the market as not all of them suit my sensitive skin. So now I am going to discuss my skin routine with you.
In the morning time, I wash my face with Garnier Light facewash. It cleanses my skin deeply and keeps it oil free.

 Then I apply my Oriflame Love Nature Aloevera face toner or The Body Shop Vitamin E Toner. They keep my skin hydrated and fresh.


Next step is moisturising. I highly recommend this step. Many people with oily skin tend to leave this step thinking that it will make your face oily. This is a myth and we are supposed to keep our skin moisturised as the face washes and soaps dry our skin. I use Oriflame Essentials Moisturising Day cream. It has suited to my skin well and I love using it. I will write a detailed review about this cream. Then if I am going out, I apply my bb cream after moisturising my face and then continue with the regular makeup.

I strongly advocate getting rid of all the traces of makeup before going to sleep. It is a very very vital step so never ever sleep with makeup on your skin. I used to think that by washing my face, I have gotten rid of makeup which is so not true. Always use a good makeup remover to get rid of all your makeup. I use Johnsons refreshing cleansing lotion followed by washing my face with the facewash.


Then I apply toner after washing my face and let it dry. The next step is moisturising. I use Oriflame Essentials Nourishing Night Cream and I wake up with baby smooth skin.

I also scrub my face twice a week as too much scrubbing is harsh for the skin. Nowadays I am using Freeman Facial Exfoliating Scrub Grapefruit.


Whenever I scrub my face, I end up my routine by applying facemasks. I use Freeman Pomegranate Peel off mask, Freeman Clay Mask with Mint and Lemon or Oriflame Oxygen Boost Mask. I use any one of the above mentioned which ever I feel like applying at that particular time.




I rarely get pimples now but when I do, I either apply bodyshop tea tree oil or sudocreme or clinagel. These three are the most effective treatments for me.




So there you go ladies, this is my skin care routine. Share yours too in the comments. I would love to read about it.

4 comments:

  1. You have really great skin routine. Freeman's products are my absolute love :)
    GlamupGirls

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post dear how about following each other i am following you follow me back at
    www.mahasbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete